Thursday, February 10, 2011

Homesick

I'm a terrible blogger, I know.  I'm sorry.  I thought that once I was back at work and had more access to a computer I would blog more, but no.  Maybe it's that I don't have much to say (except for how crazy beautiful and perfect Sofia is and that gets old, no?).  Maybe it's that I've been busy at work (oh yeah, work! Sometimes I have to do that here). 

Anyway, Sofia is beautiful and perfect. =)

My cousins from Florida flew in on Monday for one day just to meet her.  They didn't go up to Buffalo for the holidays so they missed meeting her and couldn't wait until summer.  It was sooo nice and made it so clear that there's nothing like family.  I have some very, very good friends here who are like family and I'm so lucky to have them but there's just something different about family. It makes me really wish I lived closer to home.  But then I think that the fantasy I have in my head of what it would be like to live back home is probably not at all the reality of what it would really be like.  When I go home to visit, the whole world stops and revolves around us.  That would not be the day to day reality of living there.  I know that.  But I still miss home.  The true reality is that Russ would be miserable living there (weather) and there are no jobs and life would just be different and maybe not good-different.  Just feeling a little homesick i guess...

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling homesick. I moved far from my home 6.5 years ago and I still feel it sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand not having much to blog about from time to time, it is what it is....there are no rules about how often we have to blog.

    I am so happy Nancy & Joe came to visit....how nice! I remember when I babysat their boys, seems like just yesterday that they were married and had kids. My how time flies! Glad you enjoyed your visit.

    Sometimes I wish i was near my family, but as you said, I just know things wouldnt be the same if we were....but I always thought when we had a baby we would move closer to his or my family. Guess were staying put for now. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete