Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Here we are!!!

It's been an embarassingly long time since I've posted.  I've got no excuses.  But it's SO GREAT to catch up with everyone (though I've barely even gotten started with that!).  I have to be honest and say that for some crazy reason, it is still funky when I try to comment on some blogs.  It takes forever and then the screen freezes and I have to wait for it to refresh and it frustrates me.  So, if I'm not commenting, it's not because I'm not reading...

So, our little Sofia is a big 16and 1/2 months!  Here's the latest:

Sleep habits:  With one of us every night - right in the bed now!  Ha! We recently gave up even trying to get her in the crib.  She sleeps a solid 12+ hours with us in bed and we are happy.  Nuff said.  I'm done making excuses or giving into pressure to sleep train.  She's happy.  We're happy.

Eating habits:  EVERYTHING.  Last week she enjoyed butternut ravioli and shrimp.  She seems to eat anything we put in front of her, but then will weirdly dismiss simple foods like last night when she refused peanut butter and jelly.  She is nothing if not inconsistent here, except with her favorite food - peas!

She is totally off bottles and loves any straw, big or small. 

Actvity:  She likes to count things, even though doesn't say numbers.  She just sort of grunts for "one, two, three!"  She is running everywhere and I'm not sure why she feels the need to get places so quickly.  She still likes her cuddle time and will spend morning cuddled watching TV with me in bed.  She loves to help with everything, like folding laundry and emptying the dishwasher.

Talking:  Regularly says "momma", "daddy", "bye", "no", and "yeah".  But that's about it.  I feel like she should be more advanced with her language, but I know I need to be patient.  She understands everything though and follows directions well ("Sofia, please bring these socks into momma and daddy's room and put them on the bed" task complete in seconds!  Love it!)  Many times I don't know how she could possibly know some of the things she knows, but she demonstrates new knowledge every day.

Health:  Excellent.  No colds, no fevers, no stomach bugs. She really hasn't been sick at all and we're thankful.  She is still measuring in the 95% for height, 94% for weight, and 97% for her head.  She is wearing size 2T everything and size 7 shoes.

Everything this baby girl does is amazing and I love her more every minute of every day.

Some pics:






5 comments:

  1. yay! welcome back! please keep blogging -- I love your writing, and I absolutely love seeing pics of that gorgeous baby girl! :) As for the sleeping in bed with you...we have been "sleep training" Nick for several months now. Clearly it hasn't really worked for us...and most nights, he ends up in the bed between us, where he sleeps comfortably and peacefully -- way more so than he seems to in his own crib. I say, if it works, go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, she is so adorable!!! And getting big! I love all the pics. Especially the one with her in the red coat. Love it!

    Please post more, even if it's just pictures and no words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing pictures! It's nice to see you back on here, although I completely understand your frustrations. I laughed when you spitted out she sleep with you, and no more excuses! Why fight it if it works for you?! Nice surrender!

    I know I always say this but Sofia just keeps getting cuter! how amazing she is following instructions, so impressive! Keep us posted, although glad I have you as a FB friend, so I get to be in the loop on the daily stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. She is beautiful!!! You took a break from blogging while your daughter just kept getting prettier. I'm so glad to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's perfect! Take it from your favorite SLP- she is right on track with words. It is such a big range at this age. At 18 mos. "average" is considered saying 3-20 words. Ok, 3-20?? That's a big range! But Sofia is right in there! ;)

    ReplyDelete