Friday, April 16, 2010

And we're having...

20w1d

...a GIRL!!! 

And her name is Sofia. 
(I was hesitant to put that in print in case we change our minds, but we've been pretty solid on it for a while...as in it's been on my vision board for a year and a half and we've told me mom already)

We are thrilled.  My mom screamed and cried.  There hasn't been a baby girl in our family since ME!  Needless to say people, are excited to shop for girly stuff.

Everything looked great.  She measured perfectly on everything they measured.  She weighs 13 ounces.  She was lying on her belly so they had a hard time getting all of the details of her heart.  They saw 4 chambers and blood flowing through, but they there were some things they couldn't see, so I get to go back in a month for another u/s!  I'm happy about that!  My cervix looks great and my amniotic fluid is good, two things I was worried about.

First the sonographer did her thing and took all the measurements and then the doctor came in, spoke with us, and then took another look.  He was pressing so hard, it was really painful!  Take it easy, doc!

She was very active and waved to us.  We got to see her little feet and her little butt is precious!  She kept changing positions and the sonographer said "Whoa, she's a bossy one!"  Gee, we don't know anyone else with that quality, do we?  Uh oh.

So now the planning really begins.  I thought I'd want to run out right away and register and shop, but really I just want to sit here and take it all in.  I have our baby girl healthy and happy in my tummy and there's nothing better than that.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on your baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew it was a girl!! I am so happy for you. Glad everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited!! Can't wait to meet her and spoil her!! She's going to be the best dressed little girl in town!! Yippie! Doing a happy dance in Buffalo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news and I LOVE the name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww you were right, you suspected a girl right?! Congrats - and love LOVE the name, it's on my list of baby girl names....top of my list!xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohooo....congrats on team pink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw yay, congratulations on your little girl!! You must be soooo excited! =) I'm glad everything looked great on u/s, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah!!! I'm so glad you get to add a girl to the family finally! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats wonderful news Tracey. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy for you!!! And did you know that Libby's name was either hers or Sophia Jane!! But we decided to use family names. I had Sophia planned for years and years, before I even met Darrell. It's no wonder we're great friends, huh? I'm so so happy and hope you are Tickled Pink! ;) Hey- check your email for another invite choice I uploaded for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES!!!!!!! A HEALTHY BABY GIIIIRRRRLLLLLLLL!!!!!! I am so happy for you, Tracey!!! Take it all in now, but trust me when the shoppoing starts is is SOOOO addicting and super FUN!!! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Momma! I answered some of your doula questions on my blogs comment section...not sure if you saw that. But please email me at mrs.buse@gmail.com if you want to discuss that or anything else! I would love to hear from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!! Girls are soooo much fun to shop for! And I love the name Sophia. Now you can get busy with everything pink!

    ReplyDelete