I have appt with Dr. Browne Tuesday. Until then, some fun =)
1. Where/how did you meet:
At the Yellow Jaguar teen club on Transit Rd. I was 17. Spring Break 1991. Pay $5, get all the sprite you can drink...
2. How long have you known each other: for over 18 years
3. How long after you met did you start dating: We met in the spring of 1991 and started dating in January 1992, though we started smooching in November '91 (SO scandalous!)...we both had significant others that we had to ditch before we could date officially...OK it took him til June to give the boot to his - but she was 800 miles away...we were kids, OK?
4. How long did you date before you were engaged: Almost 6 years...2 and 1/2 of which were long distance (total of 3 and 1/2 long distance years...)
5. How long was your engagement: A little over a year and a half - there was much to plan
6. How long have you been married: 10 years
7. What is your anniversary: July 31
8. How many people came to your wedding reception: 192 - only 3 people no-showed (total of 6 with dates)
9. What kind of cake did you serve: White cake, white frosting - my all-time favorite!
10. Where was your wedding: Kloc's Grove in West Seneca, NY (outside of Buffalo) Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!
11. What did you serve for your meal: Mmm...we had fillet mignon and stuffed chicken and I ate A LOT - big surprise, right?
12. How many people were there in your bridal party: 4 girls
13. Are you still friends with them all: Everyone except the evil one whose name I shall not speak
14. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony: I sure did!! But he didn't, though he did stumble and seem nervous as hell during his vows that I wrote and made him memorize (not smart of me)
15. Most special moment of your wedding day: That's tough...either being announced "man and wife" or our first dance...it was all so special though.
16. Any funny moments: When our minister pronounced us husband and wife, he called Russ by his father's name and said Mr. and Mrs. Ken and Tracey Johnson...his dad (also a minister) had gotten up and spoke during the ceremony and his brother Ken was also there - common mistake I guess. It was funny - I didn't get mad.
17. Any big disasters: Just the monsoon. We were supposed to be married out on the patio overlooking the most beautiful scenery, but it rained. And rained. And the wind blew. And it rained. And rained. So everything was moved inside. We created the most intimate and HOT (holy sweating!) atmosphere...it was perfect in the end.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon: 5 night cruise to the Bahamas and Key West...it's where we first learned our love of blackjack
19. How long were you gone: see above =)
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change: I would have gotten to the place early as I had originally intended. A cousin wanted to give the use of a limo (he owns the company) and wanted us to have the really good one which wouldn't be available until later in the day. Had I been there early, everything would have been "perfect" but only stupid stuff like the table cloth on the table with the candles and stuff. Nothing too big or important.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on: The side closest to the bathroom of course!
22. What size is your bed: KING
23. Greatest strength as a couple: Hmm...there are so many. Probably that we still get butterflies when we see each other. What does that mean? I'm not sure. But I like it.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple: We've barely any challenges, in fact I can't think of anything real or significant. This whole infertility thing would have to be up there, but it really hasn't impacted on our relationship at all. Oh, yeah...there is the whole me losing my mind thing and his patience and love no matter how whacked out I get. So that.
25. Who literally pays the bills: I do and I'm terrible at it. At least I have some clue about where money is going and that helps me to not spend so much.
26. What is your song: I Only Have Eyes For You
27. What did you dance your first dance to: Umm...our song? See above
28. Describe your wedding dress: hot hot hot =) LOVE it
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding: My bouquet was dozens of pastel roses (SO Martha!) and the girls carried freesia (anticipated their bouquets would be bigger...a little disappointed in that). Yellow rose topiaries on every table. Gorgeous.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No...should they be?
check out the video Russ made for me for our 10th anniversary. Stay tuned to the middle to see wedding shots https://webmail.fcps.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=b7a2ca12382d498ea6e3460e6ff0e00b&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3dsC4czcmskFo