Sunday, January 3, 2010

Maybe this it for us...

So I bought Dr. Oz's book, YOU: Having a Baby.  I didn't crack it open until I had my 2nd beta number on Thursday.  I'm not sure if it was a good idea to get it or not.  I feel like an impostor as I read about it all.  I know that technically I'm pregnant, but I'm so not out of the woods yet that I feel like I don't have the right to put myself in the same category as real pregnant women.  I feel silly even referring to myself as pregnant and was to add "for now..." at the end to let everyone know that I know what's up - that this could easily all go away.

Tomorrow is beta #3.  It should be over 3,000 by now.  Come on, HCG!!!  All i feel is a little queasy sometimes, sort of like motion sickness.  Some cramping at times, but usually that's in the middle of the night and accompanies a bathroom visit (you know how when you have your period and get all crampy and have to poop?  OK, maybe it's just me...) and then it's gone.  My pants feel tight, but I'm smart enough to know that it's because of the 45,000 cookies and other crap I've eaten in the past 3 weeks.  There's no way my uterus has expanded enough to make my pants tight.  I don't feel tired, but I also haven't worked in forever.  Tomorrow will be the test...ugh...back to work.

To be totally honest (and I'm risking a major jinx here), I kinda feel like this just might work out.  I'm not getting to comfortable with it - there's still major self-preservation happening, but maybe this is it for us.  I sure hope so...

3 comments:

  1. I love Dr. Oz! I hope your numbers continue to go up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope those numbers keep climbing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an online quiz for the Impostor Syndrome at http://www.impostorquiz.com

    ReplyDelete