Saturday, December 5, 2009

I feel good!

Oh the weather outside is frightful...
And I just got back from a monitoring appt.  My follicles are looking great!!  I have 11 that are measurable (between 12 and 15 mm) and 6 that are under 10 ( so those guys probably won't make it to the party).  I go back Monday and I really, really hope that I trigger Monday, although I think that might be unrealistic.  If I don't trigger by Tuesday, I'll really need some more meds and that's stressful.  I can really feel those little guys growing - I'm getting to the stage where I feel like I'll explode!  And I'm crampy and last night I was a little nauseated. 

Last nights Ganirelix shot felt like I was being stabbed with a jagged knife!  And then there was a welt and it stung for a long time.  That last part is pretty normal, but the pain going in was not.  Man it hurt.  Have I ever mentioned that I'm a wimp and Russ performs all injections??  A lady at my clinic said to me the other day, as we were talking about how IVF isn't nearly as scary as we thought before we did it, "It's like the first time you gave yourself a shot - it was hard at first but then no big deal" And I had to confess that I've never given myself a shot.  I remember my first cycle we had to start Lupron while on vacation in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  After the first couple days I was going to be brave and do it myself.  I sat there ready to go, needle in hand for 40 minutes!!  I could not do it.  I feel wimpy but actually I like that he gets to be so involved and he's so good at it.  I don't like that I have to wake him every morning, but he doesn't even think to complain.

I'm still all happy - I love hormones (sometimes).  It's so funny, I'm making friends at the grocery store, telling jokes to the receptionist.  It's like I'm drunk and that's OK.  What it would be like to feel like this all the time!  I would love it.  I wonder if anyone does feel this good all the time?  I want to know those people.

So here's to maybe they'll call and say I have to come in tomorrow because they are thinking of triggering me tomorrow (probably not, but I can dream, right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment