Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I live in the bliss of hope...

So Russ specifically told me that he doesn't want me sitting on this "hard chair" for too long today (the chair at the computer desk).  My 24 hours were up about 2 hours ago and I'm going insane staying in bed all day.  For the next 2-3 days I'm supposed to engage in "light activity" only...that means I'm not leaving the house til tomorrow and then it'll only be to get my nails done maybe.  Then back to work Thursday.  I'm being extra cautious because since they put the babies back (excuse my use of the term "babies" when discussing the embryos - I know that may sound creepy, but it's what we call them, so whatever) yesterday it's only day 4 today and they can't physiologically implant until tomorrow or Thursday so I feel like I need the extra bed rest days to give them a good shot.

So far so good...I mean I feel NOTHING so it's not like there's anything to monitor.  The meds they have me on make me crampy and my boobs hurt so that gets disregarded as possibly pregnancy symptoms...and I know that I couldn't possibly be pregnancy yet anyway.  The implantation process takes 10 days.  Maybe by Saturday or Sunday I'll have some bleeding - that would be a great sign.  As the embryo burrows itself into my lining it can bleed a little.  The irony is that the cooch pills they have me taking (progesterone suppositories) can cause bleeding.  So, really, there is no way to tell.  I have the test on the 27th.  Two looooonnnng weeks. 

The great side effect so far?  SLEEP!!!  I'm on progesterone and estrogen and both make me sleep like a baby!  I've literally been sleeping 10 hours a night and then napping throughout the day.  LOVE that.  Especially since my sleep has been sketchy over the past few months. 

I'm eating enough to sustain a family of four.  I'm just soo hungry!  And, again, I cannot blame any pregnancy on that.  Hormones maybe.  Last week i gained .2 at WW.  This week will be worse i fear.  Ugh.

In case you haven't picked up on it, I'm still in the "oh my!  I could be getting pregnant right now!  Isn't that divine?" stage of IVF.  By the weekend, I'll be over-analyzing every single thing I feel in an attempt to determine whether or not I have babies in me.  It is exhausting and will cause me to sound like an insane person.  Just a warning.  But for now, I live in the bliss of hope that maybe this is it. 

OK, back to bed.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment